Friday, September 4, 2009

Catch up time!!

So I realize it has been 2 MONTHS since I last blogged and I apoligize to my family for that. They keep telling me to post more pics of Katy girl. In my defense, I didn't have a camera for a few weeks because mine broke. Anyway, in this entry, I'll play a little catch up and fill everyone in on what's been going on with us in the last month. Soo..

4 weeks ago...
A month ago, we went in for Katy's 2 month immunizations, however, while we were there the doctor let us know that Katy had an ear infection, so we decided to hold off on having her immunizations until the next week. We started giving her the wonderful pink medicine... At our doctor's visit, we learned that Katy's stats were:
Weight: 10 lbs. 14 oz 50th percentile
Height: 23 1/2 inches 90th percentile
I guess she WAS tall and thin like her dad.
3 weeks ago...
3 weeks ago we went in for Katy's immunizations and she had to have 3 shots. She was sleeping when they gave them to her, woke up screaming while they quickly stuck her, and then went right back to sleep. She handled them like a champ. Also, the doc said her ear was looking better. Here are some pics of her 3 weeks ago.


2 weeks ago...
About 2 1/2 weeks ago, Katy starting screaming while eating again like she did during her first ear infection. So we took her into the doctor, and she said her ears looked clear. It continued for a few more days, so we took her in again this time to a different doctor, and she said her ears had a little fluid but that she had some weird sore throat. She gave us medicine for the sore throat. The screaming continued for the next week. Here are some pics from 2 weeks ago.


1 week ago...
At this point Katy had been screaming bloody murder while eating for about 20ish days, and I was going insane, so I took her in again to the doctor, and this time, she had a full ear infection. We started her on the augmented amoxicilin. Apparently it tastes terrible, because Katy's face cringes up so bad when we give it to her. Poor girl!! Also, when they weighed her at this visit, she weighed a whopping 13 lbs. She gained basically 2 lbs. in about 2 1/2 weeks, crazy huh?
Now...
She's been on the meds for a week and is eating a lot better, but not 100%. We'll see what happens. I think tubes are in her future. Katy also rolled over from tummy to back for the first time two days ago, on accident of course!!! Here are some pictures that I took today. (Ignore the dates on the pics, I got a new camera and didn't change the date before I was shooting away!)



We sure love our little (or should I say not-so-little) girl!! Haha!!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

How in the world can she be so big already!??? Every time I talk to Andrew I picture in my mind the skinny little baby we saw picture of 2 MONTHS AGO... but HOLY SMOKES!!! SHE'S HUGE.... and beautiful!!! Cant wait to see our little niece in real life!!!

Kandis said...

awesome,thanks for the update, FINALLY, sad about her little ears, and what happened to drew boos head??? love and miss you guys

Joanne said...

Thanks for the pictures. What a darling little Katy B. She's beautiful! So sad to think she's been hurting and not able to let you know. Can hardly wait to see you guys again. Love, Grandma JOJO

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

Katy is the cutest baby in the whole world. Poor little baby ears--hope she gets feeling better!

Elizabeth said...

I am sorry about the ear infections.. Hudson had his ears tubed at 7 months after his 7 infection and 4th ER visit.. They worked sooo well especially while flying he never had the problems most kids would while their ears were trying to pressurize.. I am so sorry Its no fun when kids are sick.. Thats great she is gaining weight so well Keep it up there is nothing better than a REALLY chubby and healthy baby. (or you could be like us and Noah at 13 months is almost 16 lbs and everyone asks if I am feeding him.) She is so pretty and perfect!

River Hopkins said...

oh she is beautiful. B was a big kid too. She's skinny looks like she takes after both of you. However those faces... I love the expressions. She's got tons of personality. so cute. I hope all is going well. Miss and love you tons.